Joint Targeting Technician
Exostrategies is a small, agile company that continually empowers our employees to be innovative and revolutionary in their approach to business decisions, allowing them to evolve and anticipate solutions that help our customers achieve affordable enterprise transformation.
General Description: The Joint Targeting Technician will support the United States Forces Korea (USFK), Assistant Chief of Staff, J2 (ACofS, J2) JIOC-K by serving as the primary technician for the systems supporting the J25 Targets team. The JIOC-K’s efforts focus on Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) activities, detecting enemy threats, managing intelligence, and analyzing enemy actions and information to determine enemy’s probable courses of action.
Exo needs a team member to:
- Install new software releases, perform system upgrades, perform patch evaluation, install patches and resolve software related problems on all deployed supported operating systems, database systems, and application software
- Provide on-going support of systems that ensure the team’s business cycles will not be impacted during upgrades or maintenance
- Optimize and tune server OS and database performance, and document system configurations
- Maintain server, database, application, and network security
- Prioritize, coordinate, and deliver special technology projects
- Write, revise, test, document, and implement server-based procedures as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve operating system, storage, and database problems
- Monitor system logs, performance reports, and disk space
- Represent the customer as the Technical SME at all technical working groups and functional or technical requirements boards, including those systems and applications being developed by the host nation for use in the combined environment
- Manage the USFK exercise server
- Write and maintain local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and operational checklists
- Assist in training on joint targeting applications and databases
Team members must bring to Exo:
- An active U.S. government Top-Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance
- Demonstrated background and hands-on experience with the job responsibilities as listed
- Ability to perform in a “work team” environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a fast paced, high tech environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter attitude and an eagerness to learn, motivated by challenges and creative solutions
Team member education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience, or specialized training & 4-8 years-experience, or equivalent academic experience.
Primary work location:
- USFK Headquarters, Camp Humphreys, Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Please send your resume in PDF or Word compatible format.
Exostrategies considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Posted June 1, 2020