Exostrategies is a small, agile professional services company that principally serves the federal government and provides affordable enterprise transformation services in anticipation of evolving threats to our nation’s critical infrastructure and operations.
The Systems Engineer will support the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) contract which provides scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions. The development and maintenance of the EOSDIS website is led by the NASA EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) project.
Specifically, as a member of EED-2’s Earth Data Search Client (EDSC) team you will provide/support capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing and participate in the support of operations for the next generation cloud-based platform for the NASA EED program.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the Operational agreements and polices are adhered too and that all response times are meet
- Ensure compliance to various program/project and NASA standards and requirements as well as the legal requirements of (SEC-508)
- Ensure that industry best practices for automation and scalability of assets are leveraged when necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of application hosting, with 2-5 years of experience using Cloud Services in an Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including networking and serverless services such as Lambda and Step Functions
- 3-5 years of programming / scripting experience in C++, BASH, Python, Java and Java script particularly within an Agile development environment
- Experience supporting end-user applications in a cloud environment
- Experience supporting infrastructures and operations using DevOps automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents
- Energetic, self-motivated, team player that is comfortable using collaboration and open communications
Additional desired qualifications:
- Experience with UNIX OS
- Experience with full life cycle software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in engineering, computer science
- Eight years of additional direct experience accepted in lieu of degree
Security clearance requirement:
- Active public trust clearance, or ability to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquiries (NACI) screening
- U.S. Citizenship
Available work location:
- Riverdale, MD
Interested parties please send your resume, in PDF or Word compatible format, to: email@example.com
Exostrategies considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Posted July 16, 2019