Exostrategies is a small, agile professional services company that principally serves the federal government and provides affordable enterprise transformation services in anticipation of evolving threats to our nation’s critical infrastructure and operations.
The Senior Software Engineer will support the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) contract which provides scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions.
Specifically, this opening is for a Support Engineer on EED-2’s Earth Data Search Client (EDSC) team. The EDSC is an AWS hosted web application which enables discovery and access of ~400M Earth science records from around the world. The EDSC team is an established and high performing agile team working in the Scaled Agile Framework methodology.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Communication with end-users and responding to end-user requests
- Developing end-user knowledge bases and/or tutorials
- Working alongside the Product Owner to track, report and analyze operational metrics
- Assisting developers in maintaining the availability of the production system during normal business hours
- Deploying and validating production releases
- Supporting developers with the automation of tasks and development of scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Three-plus years of experience performing operational support duties for a large complex system
- Proven ability to work with end users and development teams to quickly resolve problems
- Ability to determine potential impacts of a problem or of a new feature to the production environment and customer mission
- Ability to clearly articulate system status or issues to management and to end users
- 1+ years of experience working with development teams in an Agile methodology (preferably SCRUM or SAFe)
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute multiple concurrent project activities
- Experience with Linux and MacOS
- Experience with a scripting language
Additional desired qualifications:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Java or Clojure
- Support and operations of AWS-based applications
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA for bug tracking, Confluence for collaboration, and preferably Bamboo for continuous integration and delivery)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in engineering, computer science
- Eight years of additional direct experience accepted in lieu of degree
Security clearance requirement:
- Active public trust clearance, or ability to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquiries (NACI) screening
- U.S. Citizenship
Available work location:
- Riverdale, MD
Interested parties please send your resume, in PDF or Word compatible format, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exostrategies considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Posted October 23, 2019