Exostrategies is a small, agile professional services company that principally serves the federal government and provides affordable enterprise transformation services in anticipation of evolving threats to our nation’s critical infrastructure and operations.
The On-Console Engineer performs flight operations for the earth remote sensing spacecraft. This entry level position will be located at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Conduct routine mission specific real-time spacecraft/satellite flight operations for the Aqua, Aura or Terra missions
- Implement the daily operations plans required to collect and deliver mission science and engineering data
- Perform any real-time planning or re-planning necessary to mitigate mission or data risks incurred by flight-segment or ground-segment anomalies
- Verify flight system configuration and monitor and evaluate flight system and component state-of-health during real-time spacecraft contacts.
- Train new team members to become flight certified. Review and update online documentation
- Perform hardware, software and interface tests as directed by the Operations Manager
- Develop basic detailed plans and procedures for mission support in areas such as, satellite performance analysis, command and control of on-orbit satellite, orbit dynamics, and mission planning activities if necessary
- Complete special subsystem analysis assignments
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Training and certifications will be provided
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physical science, mathematics or computer science from an accredited university or college is preferred
- Experience, qualifications, and past performance in lieu of technical degree may be taken into consideration
Available work location:
- Greenbelt, MD
Interested parties please send your resume, in PDF or Word compatible format, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exostrategies considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Posted January 29, 2019